- Live Classroom Classes
- Minnesota Initial Online Class
- Minnesota Refresher Live Webinar
- Certified Food Safety Manager (CFSM) Courses
- Hotel & Restaurant OSHA Safety
- Online Classes & eLearning
- Continuing Education
- Professional Development
- Food Handlers
Food Manager Training
Keynote & Training Topics
WHY CAN’T I SIGN IN?We apologize for any inconvenience and aggravation this may have caused you. Please try the following:
- Be patient. Has it been 1 full business day from your purchase time? Chef Marshie manually adds you to the system. She strives to do it within a few hours of your purchase time. However, she does sleep and teach classes, so cut her some slack.
- It has been longer than 1 business day. Please text Chef directly at 817-291-6000.
- The login information is on the email titled M & M Biz Solutions <[email protected]>(Smooth Sailing…). It is case sensitive.
- It is possible it went to the wrong email and we have no way of knowing it went to someone else. Please reach out.
IS THERE AN ADDITIONAL COST TO BE PROCTORED AT TESTING SITE?
- Yes, for ServSafe and PROMETRIC. ServSafe you will have to pay the Proctor's fee to give you the test.
- You will have to buy your exam voucher/proctor fee through PROMETRIC directly.
- No, for NRFSP the fee is included in your EXAM voucher.
HOW TO REGISTER AT PEARSON VUE TO BE PROCTORED AT TESTING SITE?The easiest way is to register online.
- Go to www.pearsonvue.com
- Click on "Schedule or Reschedule an Exam"
- Click on the "N" link
- Select "National Registry of Food Safety Professionals (NRFSP)"
- Click on Sign In or Create an Account
- Select "ICFSM: International Certified Food Safety Manager"
- Follow the prompts to register (Language, Location, Etc.)
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GO THROUGH THE ONLINE RECORDED CLASS?Takes about 5.5 hours give or take. This is a self-study program which you may need additional time or you may wiz thorough the material faster.
I HAVE NOT GOTTEN MY EMAIL TO SIGN IN TO START THE RECORDED ONLINE CLASS OR EXAM VOUCHER NUMBER?
- Check your spam or junk folders especially if you used a work email address. (Did it go to the person’s email that registered you for class? Yes, you have to get the information from them.)
- You will receive an email from M & M Biz Solutions as a receipt/confirmation. On the receipt are the Directions and Exam Voucher. Remember your login and password come from Smooth Sailing email because you need them to access your recording and other important information.
- We do our best to get it out to you quickly within the hour. It can take up to one business day to be able to sign in. Our hours are M-F 10:00-4:00 CST
- Did your payment go through?
- Did you use the same name and email on payment Shopping Chart?
- We strive to get you started immediately. Again, if you cannot sign in one business day after checking everything, call or text Chef directly at 817-291-6000 Monday-Friday 10:00-4:00 PM CST because there is something wrong. When doing so give her your name, date you purchased class and what you bought.
I FORGOT MY PASSWORD & SIGN IN?Please search and look at your email Smooth Sailing which has the log in information for the online recorded class!
M & M Biz Solutions <[email protected]>(Smooth Sailing…). It is case sensitive.
HOW IN ADVANCE MUST I REGISTER FOR PROCTORING, 1:1 SESSIONS AND LIVE ON DEMAND CLASSES?Please register, enroll and pay for services 1 day in advance from the specific date and time scheduled. This ensures the class and/or proctoring service is not canceled. Chef is willing to take registrations up to 4:30 pm CST the day before, but please call her to confirm.
HOW LONG WILL I HAVE ACCESS TO THE RECORDED ONLINE CLASS AND/OR STUDY MATERIALS?You are encouraged to study and take your exam within two weeks. The recorded online class and/or study materials will be good for 60 days from day of purchase. Your EXAM Voucher does have an expiration as well, so please go take your test within 30 days and you will have no worries. You will do GREAT!
DO YOU SELL THE EXAM VOUCHERS BY THEMSELVES?No.
WHAT IS M & M BIZ SOLUTIONS REFUND POLICY?We do not refund our online products and services. EXAM Vouchers are non refundable because they are unique to the student.
ARE THE RECORDED ONLINE CLASSES AND MATERIALS ONLY IN ENGLISH?
- The Food Handlers Class is offered in English and Spanish.
WHAT LANGUAGES DOES THE FOOD HANDLER CLASS COME IN?English and Spanish and the class is self-narrated.
WHY DON’T YOU HAVE A GUARANTEE?I am not allowed to according to ServSafe® rules being an Instructor and Proctor. I assure you if you study all of the material, watch the class in its entirety, watch all the videos in the library/YouTube channel, do all the practice tests and do not have a learning disability or test anxiety you should pass with flying colors. I’ve been teaching this 20 plus years, and I’ve seen it all. You will have questions on the test that throw you for a loop. This is where understanding the concepts and comprehension play a major part in answering the test questions on exam day. You will not do well by studying the practice exams alone.
DO YOU GIVE CORPORATE DISCOUNTS?Yes! Check out our section on Volume Discounts or call for details or e-mail Chef directly. She can even cater a class specifically for your team live or virtual. 817.291.6000 *** [email protected]
DO I NEED A BOOK?No! Watch the class recording and video libarary in its entirety you should not need a book. Chef advises you stop and read the slides as you go through the course. You may purchase a book second hand by doing a Google Search.
HOW LONG IS THE FOOD MANAGER CERTIFICATION CLASS RECORDING?Approximately 5.5 hours. You determine how fast you go through the material. You are encouraged to watch it from start to finish and read the slides.
HOW LONG IS THE FOOD MANAGER CERTIFICATION GOOD?Five years. However, some states require you recertify before the expiration date.
WHAT DO I DO WHEN I CAN’T SIGN IN?
- Look at your receipt/confirmation for details.
- The log in information is case sensitive. Check your CAPS lock.
- Search for email Smooth Sailing...it has your log in information
- Text Chef at 817-291-6000 we may have entered your email wrong when setting up your class if you did not receive Smooth Sailing email. Please note Chef will not know unless you tell her you did not receive Smooth Sailing email. We stive to have Smooth Sailing email to you within the hour up to 1 biz day.
I NEED HELP, WHO DO I CONTACT?You may fill out the Contact Us form which goes directly to Chef Marshie Morgan for all your inquires. She responds to those forms between 10-4 PM CST Monday-Friday. If you have a test scheduling conflict, you must call your ServSafe Proctor, Prometric or Pearsonvue directly to reschedule.
CAN I REGISTER AT THE DOOR TO TAKE EXAM?Advance registration is required! We strongly recommend that you consider registering at least two weeks in advance to secure your seat at the testing center. This will give you plenty of time to study and master the materials. The testing centers have been known to administer the exam the day of registration provided a seat is open and there is still time in the day to complete the exam.
WHAT TIME DOES THE ICFSM OR CPFM EXAM START?This will depend on you and your personal schedule giving you maximum flexibility. You can take the exam morning, noon or early evening.
WHAT IS A CERTIFIED FOOD PROTECTION MANAGER (CFPM OR CFM)?They are the same (CFPM = CFM). Certified Food Protection Manager is a designation awarded to individuals passing a written examination on their knowledge of food safety and sanitation. The standards for certification are developed by the CFP, Conference for Food Protection , a national food safety deliberative body, and endorsed by the FDA, U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The ServSafe Manager’s Exam is formally referred to as ServSafe Food Protection Manager’s Exam. In other states, such as, Florida it is referred to as a Certified Food Manager or Certified Professional Food Manager’s (CPFM) exam.
HOW LONG IS THE FOOD MANAGER CERTIFICATION GOOD FOR IN MY STATE?5 years and ANSI accepted and approved. Keep in mind some jurisdictions will want you to re-register with them before your certification has run out. For example, in Austin, TX after 2 years you have to prove again you are currently certified though you don’t have to retake the class or exam until the 5 years have ran out. Minnesota requires a refresher every 3 years or you have to start over.
You will show them your printed certification. Therefore, you need to get with your local regulatory authority and find out what they require. Our classes/exams are accepted throughout the United States all 50 states from Texas, California, Florida, New York, Illinois, North Carolina, Washington, Oregon, New Mexico, Alaska to Main and military bases. If you do NRFSP you will be certified internationally: North America: Canada, United States and Mexico.
CAN THE MILITARY TAKE YOUR CFM, CERTIFIED FOOD MANAGER COURSE?Yes, I would be honored to have you take my class. I appreciate our armed forces. NRFSP offer international testing sites through Pearsonvue which are on many sites. This certification helps because as you get stationed in another part of the world your certification goes with you and good for 5 years.
HOW DO I OBTAIN A DUPLICATE FOOD MANAGER CERTIFICATE?ServSafe eCertificates you can access and print your own valid certificate at any time and there is no cost to this service.
Prometric and Personvue may be contacted and they will charge you a nominal fee and send you out a new certificate.
WHICH FOOD SAFETY CERTIFICATION IS THE BEST?Keep in mind most employers do not require a specific program, as long as, you have an ANSI-CFP accredited food safety certification. ANSI, American National Standard Institute has approved four programs. ANSI-CFP accredited the three I represent started on the same day in 9/3/2003 and have a long track record and accepted everywhere. 360training.com by Learn2Serve only recently got their certification in 7/24/2012 and not accepted in all jurisdictions and states. ServSafe from the National Restaurant Association, I’ve been teaching a couple of decades now, Prometric and National Registry of Food Safety Professionals, NRFSP are the best. Check out the specifics.
CAN I GET COLLEGE CREDIT?I can not speak on the behalf of the university or college, but I am a culinary professor and have given college credit. I have taught students studying: nutrition in New Mexico, dietitians in Texas and Maryland, a nutritionist in El Paso, hospitality students from Houston, Austin, Denton, San Antonio and beyond, culinary students in Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Phoenix, AZ. Ask your school or university before buying a program from ServSafe or Prometric directly because our training program will save you money in the long run and time.
WILL THIS FULFILL MY CONTINUING ED REQUIREMENT?I have given continuing education credits to dietitians and nutritionists.
Minnesota Department of Health has approved our classes and will give 4 CEUs based the Refresher webcast course you take called What is Lurking in Your Kitchen?
*Additional cost for Exam Voucher for those in certain countries outside of the Americas.
I have additional classes which have been used for CE's for Texas Realtors and American Quarter Horse Association.
WHAT LOCATIONS HAVE YOUR ONLINE CLASSES AND MATERIALS REACHED?
- Houston, Longview, Bedford, Burleson, Round Rock
- San Antonio, Lufkin, Big Spring, The Woodlands
- Dallas, McAllen, Bryan, Waxahachie
- Austin, Mesquite, Carrollton, Wylie
- Fort Worth, Midland, Cloverleaf, Temple
- El Paso, Nacogdoches, Conroe, The Colony
- Arlington, Odessa, Colleyville
- Corpus Christi, Pasadena, Denison, De Soto
- Plano, Port Arthur, McLean
- Laredo, Richardson, Eagle pass
- Abilene, San Angelo, Edinburg
- Amarillo, San Marcos, Euless
- Baytown, Sherman, Grapevine
- Beaumont, Texarkana, Hurst
- College Station, Texas City, Kingsville
- Denton, Tyler, Lewisville
- Galvesston, Victoria, La Porte
- Grand Prairie, Waco, Lufkin
- Harlingen, Wichita Falls, McKinney
- Irving, Deer Park, San Benito
- Killeen, Grand Prairie, Schertz, Pasadena
- Bertram, Marble Falls, Burnet, Cedar Park, Georgetown
- New York City, New York
- Loss Angeles, Long Beach
- San Diego, Oakland
- San Jose, Anaheim, Santa Barbara
- San Francisco, Santa Ana, Sacramento
- Fresno, Riverside, Backersfield
- Colorado Springs
- Aubora, Fort Collins
- Mesa, Chandler, Glendale
- Louisville, Ironville
- Jefferson, Meads
- Nashville, Memphis
- Davidson, Knoxville
- Pigeon Forge, Chattanooga
- St. Paul
- Brooklyn Park
- Woodbury, Andover, Savage, Fridley, White Bear Lake
- Eagan, Maple Grove, Coon Rapids, Rosemount
- Eden Prairie, Burnsville, Blain, Lakeville
- St. Cloud, Minnetonka, Apple Valley
- Edina, St. Louis Park, Mankato, Maplewood
- Richfield, Roseville, Winona, Chaska, Elk River
- New Orleans
- Baton Rouge
Jacksonville and Tampa, Florida
Columbus and Cleveland, Ohio
Charlotte and Raleigh, North Carolina
Portland, Multnomah, Washington, Marion, Clackamas, Yamhill, Benton, Lane, Jackson and Polk, Oregon
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Oklahoma City and Tulsa, Oklahoma
Virginia Beach, Virginia
St. Louis, Springfield, Independence and Kansas City, Missouri
Little Rock, Fort Smith, Fayetteville and Springdale, Arkansas
Tucson, Mesa, Chandler and Glendale, Arizona
Mount Pleasant, Utah
Nevada, Las Vegas
Universities and Colleges:
UNT University of North Texas Hospitality and Tourism
TCC Tarrant County College
TWU Texas Woman’s University
UT University of Texas
ACC Austin Community College