- Live Classroom Classes
- Minnesota Initial Online Class
- Minnesota Refresher Live Webinar
- WI Small Operator
- Food Handlers
- Food Allergen Awareness Certification
- Certified Food Safety Manager (CFSM) Courses
- Hotel & Restaurant OSHA Safety
- Online Classes & eLearning
- Continuing Education
- Professional Development
Food Manager Training
Keynote & Training Topics
Author Marshie Morgan Interview with Olto Books
9 Mar 2020 18:00:00 Marshie
Interview with Marshie Morgan
Hi Marshie Morgan, thank you for agreeing to this interview.
Oltobooks : Tell us a little about yourself and your background?
Marshie Morgan : Howdy, I am from Texas and live in a small town with one traffic light.
Oltobooks : What are your ambitions for your writing career?
Marshie Morgan : My writing career has an ebb and flow of its own. I started out writing for my job the company newsletter and then years later I am writing non fiction to help folks and the hospitality industry. I have a strong desire to help people overcome their internal struggles and pain. My next passion is educating the hospitality industry about food safety and workplace safety because it is a monstrosity that people die everyday in the industry untimely.
Oltobooks : When did you decide to become a writer?
Marshie Morgan : There was no set day or time. I have been journaling since I was a young child. One day I may sit down and write that autobiography.
Oltobooks : Why do you write?
Marshie Morgan : To help people grow and protect themselves.
My self-help book 13 Interactive Challenges to Self-Discovery is designed for the reader to ultimately have an autobiographical account of their own life. My goal with the book is everyone who picks up the book gains a deeper understanding about themselves and why they do the things they do by self-discovery.
Grand Parent Memories from the Heart is a way to pass on stories from one generation to the next.
Hotel and Restaurant Safety - Manager Don't Slip. Be OSHA Compliant!, has one purpose in mind to protect people from dying untimely through education and the certification process.
Hotel and Restaurant Safety - Employee Don't Slip. Be OSHA Compliant!, has the purpose of letting employees know what their rights are and how to avoid untimely death and injuries in the workplace.
Oltobooks : What made you decide to sit down and actually start something?
Marshie Morgan : I knew people were hurting and needed a way to start the healing process.
Oltobooks : Where do your ideas come from?
Marshie Morgan : My ideas come from my own personal experience.
Oltobooks : What is the hardest thing about writing?
Marshie Morgan : Formatting and of course sitting down to begin.
Oltobooks : What is the easiest thing about writing?
Marshie Morgan : The easiest thing about writing to me is when it starts flowing out of me into my fingers to type. Sometimes I will be in the "zone" and it has been hours since I took a break.
Oltobooks : What is your favorite positive saying?
Marshie Morgan : For nothing is impossible with God. Luke 1:37
Oltobooks : Where can you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
Marshie Morgan : Near a body of water watching a sunset.
Oltobooks : What advice would you give to your younger self?
Marshie Morgan : Tell yourself you can and you will. Don't let opportunities of joy pass you by. Most importantly stay in the "Now".
- Eva Barrios E. Sous Chef of Austin Country Club
- Chef Paola Chamberlain, C.C. a Private Chef and E. Chef at Waco Ale Company in Waco, TX
- Geno Bahena Chef de Cuisine at Blue Dalia Restaurant and Tequila Bar
- Lance S. Cook CEC, CCA, WCEC, CFBE,FMP, CFSM at Hammock Dunes Club in Palm Coast, Florida
- Cross-Contact vs. Cross-Contamination by Marshie Morgan
- Gareth Johns, MCGB, CAW, CGC, FEWMCS at WYNNSTAY Hotel in Wales
- Michael Lottermoser with W Dallas Victory Hotel & Residences
- Gas Cylinders in Restaurants
- Daniel Vercher E. Chef of Guckenheimer
- Chef Michele Brown, CEPC, EWMCS, Department Lead Instructor at Texas State Technical College