Food Safety Classes
- Live ServSafe Classroom Classes
- Minnesota Initial Online Class
- Minnesota Refresher Live Webinar
- OHIO Manager - Level 2
- OHIO PIC
- WI Small Operator
- Food Handlers
- Food Allergen Awareness Certification
- Certified Food Safety Manager (CFSM) Courses
- Hotel & Restaurant OSHA Safety
- Continuing Education
Food Manager Training
Keynote & Training Topics
Eva Barrios E. Sous Chef of Austin Country Club
4 Aug 2019 16:00:00 Marshie
My name is Marshie Morgan.
Let's get you introduced to everyone, shall we?
- Marshie: Name, title and any letters behind your name.
- Chef: Eva Barrios, C.E.C
- Marshie: Where are you from?
- Chef: I am originally from Venezuela. I moved to the United States at the age of 18.
- Marshie: Where do you work or do you own your own business? Name of business.
- Chef: I am currently the E. Sous Chef at the Austin Country Club in Austin, TX
- Marshie: How long have you been a dedicated chef?
- I started my journey 17 years ago
- Marshie: Who is your favorite chef, and what is it about their work that really strikes you?
- Chef: I don’t have a (celebrity favorite chef). I like to keep up with what all the chefs are doing (celebrity or not). I do have chefs that I have known for a while and I like to be around them. They are my friends and mentors.
- Marshie: How do you deal with the day in day out stress?
- Chef: When I wake up in the morning, I give myself some time to sit outside and meditate. It helps me to stay calm, to be grateful for what I have, to be understanding towards others, and to be less stressed overall.
- Marshie: How do you balance your work life with your personal life?
- Chef: We have a great time at the club. Family time is very important to me. I often plan activities with my child in advance. When you have a great leader (my Chef) and a strong team like we do, it becomes easier to manage the time to enjoy life outside of work.
- Marshie: What is the biggest accomplishment up to this point in your career?
- Chef: at this moment, all my goals are long term, however I have accomplished some recently, for example: I Became a Certified E. Chef, I Won first place at the Chef to Chef Convention Team Cook off held in New Orleans this year, I have been Representing the Texas Chefs Association as the Certification Chairwoman at state level.
- Marshie: What are three nuggets of wisdom you would share to new aspiring chefs?
- Chef: 1. You can learn from anyone around you. Be open minded.
2. Be a subjective as you can, remember everyone is going through something you don’t know. Do not take anything personal. Usually their actions towards you are a reflection of how they feel about themselves.
3. Take care of your health. It is very important to perform in the kitchen.
- Marshie: What is your favorite thing to eat at home?
- Chef: Chinese food
- Marshie: If you could change one thing about the industry, what would it be and why?
- Chef: n/a
- Marshie: What is your number one safety tip?
- Chef: Be aware of your surroundings
- Marshie: Imagine a future where you no longer cook. What would you do?
- Chef: I would cook at home for sure. I would probably work for a company or own a company creating new ideas and/or in charge of organizing events etc.
- Marshie: Do you have a Facebook page, social media outlet or website readers can visit for updates, events and special offers?
- Chef: Yes . Facebook is Evabc . I do however post more of what I am doing in and out of the kitchen on my Instagram @evabc.
- Marshie: What exciting news do you want to share with the readers about you or your establishment? (New location, menu, specials, events, etc…)
- Chef: The Country Club have been hosting the PGA DELL MATCH for the past 4 years. 2020 is our fifth year. It is an amazing event. We hope to see all the golf lovers here next year.
- Eva Barrios E. Sous Chef of Austin Country Club
- Chef Paola Chamberlain, C.C. a Private Chef and E. Chef at Waco Ale Company in Waco, TX
- Gas Cylinders in Restaurants
- Why is Hepatitis A Vaccines Mandatory for Food Handlers in Parts of U.S.?
- Geno Bahena Chef de Cuisine at Blue Dalia Restaurant and Tequila Bar
- Lance S. Cook CEC, CCA, WCEC, CFBE,FMP, CFSM at Hammock Dunes Club in Palm Coast, Florida
- Cross-Contact vs. Cross-Contamination by Marshie Morgan
- Daniel Vercher E. Chef of Guckenheimer
- Michael Lottermoser with W Dallas Victory Hotel & Residences
- Chef Michele Brown, CEPC, EWMCS, Department Lead Instructor at Texas State Technical College