- Live ServSafe Classroom Classes
- Minnesota Initial Online Class
- Minnesota Refresher Live Webinar
- WI Small Operator
- Food Handlers
- Food Allergen Awareness Certification
- Certified Food Safety Manager (CFSM) Courses
- Hotel & Restaurant OSHA Safety
- Online Classes & eLearning
- Continuing Education
- Professional Development
Food Manager Training
Keynote & Training Topics
Coronavirus has been identified in San Antonio, Texas
14 Feb 2020 22:00:00 Marshie
According to World Health Organization, 2019-nCoV or Coronavirus causes respiratory disease and can be transmitted from person to person, usually after close contact with an infected patient, for example, in a household, workplace, or health care center.
It is believed it was first contracted in China from a live animal in a market. To protect yourself, when visiting live animal markets, avoid direct unprotected contact with live animals and surfaces in contact with animals. No, 2019-nCoV has not been found in your common house cat or dog.
When eating out or preparing meals at home avoid consuming raw or under cooked animal products. Raw meat, milk or animal organs should be handled with care, to avoid cross-contamination with uncooked foods, as per good food safety practices. Remember to wash your hands after handling raw foods. Utensils and cutting boards after handling raw foods before touching ready to eat foods should be washed, rinsed and sanitized to cut down on the risk of cross-contamination before touching other foods.
Centers for Disease Control has confirmed the first case of the COVID-19 coronavirus in Texas in February of 2020. The individual is in quarantine after flying in from Hubei province in China. There were 91 people on this flight and only one person showed flu like symptoms, however, everyone is subject to a 14-day quarantine on the Lackland Air Force base in San Antonio. This case in San Antonio confirms the 15th case of the virus in United States according to the CDC.
More than 1,300 people have died in China from the virus so far and more than 60,000 confirmed cases of the pneumonia-like virus is confirmed by World Health Organization.
- Eva Barrios E. Sous Chef of Austin Country Club
- Geno Bahena Chef de Cuisine at Blue Dalia Restaurant and Tequila Bar
- Chef Paola Chamberlain, C.C. a Private Chef and E. Chef at Waco Ale Company in Waco, TX
- Lance S. Cook CEC, CCA, WCEC, CFBE,FMP, CFSM at Hammock Dunes Club in Palm Coast, Florida
- Gas Cylinders in Restaurants
- Cross-Contact vs. Cross-Contamination by Marshie Morgan
- Michael Lottermoser with W Dallas Victory Hotel & Residences
- Gareth Johns, MCGB, CAW, CGC, FEWMCS at WYNNSTAY Hotel in Wales
- Daniel Vercher E. Chef of Guckenheimer
- Why is Hepatitis A Vaccines Mandatory for Food Handlers in Parts of U.S.?